Terms & Conditions
In Clauses Damage to goods, Damage to premises or property other than goods, and Exclusions of liability Company limits or excludes Company liability for loss and damage. The company recommends the customer opt for insurance to cover their goods and premises. The company might be able to arrange insurance coverage for the Customer’s benefit. The Customer is welcome to request this service. Your goods insurance will be subject to the terms of your policy, which is separate from this contract.
1. Our Quote
1.1 What is included
Included in each quote is an itemized price list for the different charges related to your move. As well as when we'll be able to complete it and the number of crew members assigned. Finally, it has the addresses the crew will work on.
1.2 What is Not Included in Our Quotes
Please keep in mind that our quote doesn't include insurance, cancellation/ postponement waivers, or any other fees or taxes. Unless otherwise stated exclusively.
1.2.1 Work Not Included
The following items are not included in our Quotation unless agreed in writing by the Company prior to work commencing.
- Assemble or dismantle furniture of all kinds, excluding certain types of baby cribs, beds, and kitchen tables
- If there is an appliance, fixture, fittings, or equipment in your home that needs to be disconnected from power sources before it can be dismantled or reassembled, make sure you disconnect them before proceeding with any work.
- Lay fitted floor coverings
- All material and items which are excluded under Clause Excluded Items shall be removed and/or stored elsewhere.
- Dismantle, move and assemble garden furniture and equipment. This includes items like sheds, greenhouses, outdoor shelters, play equipment, satellite dishes, and paving slabs.
Unless specified in the quote, we reserve the right to bill for reasonable additional charges in the following situations:
- We recommend hiring a piano mover for moving pianos. There are service providers nearby that have years of experience handling large heavy items.
- When the goods cannot be taken down by the elevator due to their weight, they are taken up around the ground floor and stored in a space above.
- We notice that the entrance or exit to your premises, stairways, elevators, or doorways don’t allow for hassle-free movement of goods.
- You or an agent acting on your behalf request the collection of any goods you have stored with us.
2. Your Responsibility
2.1 Before You Schedule
2.1.1 You Must Have Legal Rights to the Goods Being Moved
If you happen to sell any pre-owned items at any time following the signing of this agreement, you must contact Company within 24 hours of the transaction to provide the name, telephone number, and address of the buyer. The new owner shall be made part of this agreement. The customer agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless the company its members and its representatives from any damages, loss, cost, or liability including legal fees and the cost of enforcing this indemaintenance arising out of resulting from any breach of this Section 2.1.1.
We agree to uphold this Agreement as long as you stay in line with it until we receive a fully executed Agreement from the third party. If you need to give someone rights to sell your products or use your services, we'll need the contact information for that organization. Contact us if you'd like us to assign this Agreement. The applicant will be a part of the new agreement of terms and service.
2.1.2 The Goods Company Will Not Move or Store for Customer
If you want to move certain items, and the authorized Company representative has not agreed beforehand in writing, we will refuse to wrap or pack them. The following items must not be submitted for moving. Below are a few items which may pose risks to health or safety and the risk of fire. Make sure you transport and store them at your own:
- Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items, including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms or ammunition.
- Jewelry, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, mobile telephones, portable media and computing devices, stamps, coins, or goods of any similar kind.
- Goods (Customer belongings) likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination. Company shall notify you in writing as soon as practicable if any of the Goods, are in our opinion hazardous to health, dirty or unhygienic or likely to attract vermin or pests and under what conditions we would be prepared to accept such Goods or whether we refuse to accept them. Should Company refuse to accept the goods we will have no liability to Customer.
- Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- Any animals, birds, fish, reptiles or plants. Goods which require special license or government permission for export or import.
- Under no circumstances will Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs or pornographic material be moved or stored by Company.
- If Customer submits such goods without Company knowledge the Company will make them available for Customer collection and if Customer does not collect them within a reasonable time the Company may apply for a court order to dispose of any such goods found. Customer agrees to pay the Company any charges, expenses, damages, legal costs or penalties reasonably incurred by the Company in disposing of the goods.
2.1.3 Select and agree to your valuation coverage
You’re responsible for choosing the valuation coverage you want and confirming your request before the move date.
2.1.4 Charges for Specialty Items
Pool tables, pianos, treadmills, elliptical trainers, leaving lawn mowers, and other items if included on this list in the future will attract additional charges. If a customer wants any of these items then they will have to pay for them.
2.1.5 Scheduling the pick and drop time
After receiving a quote, the Customer is responsible for notifying the Company of the date on which you intend to use the services. You are responsible for notifying NCR Movers of any date changes, postponements, or cancelations at least 72 hours in advance of the originally scheduled date of service.
2.2 Before You Move
2.2.1 Notification of Delays & Unforeseen Circumstances
if the crew has to wait around to complete the packing of your items and you'd like us to deviate from completing the task, then you might have to pay an hourly fee. Any additional packing by the Company that is necessary to properly complete the move may be reflected in additional charged hours to the Customer’s final bill.
The customer must inform the Company 24 hours before the Customer’s move if the Company’s truck cannot drive onto or park in the Customer’s driveway.
2.3 When You Move
The remaining 10%-20% payment is to be made at the time of delivery.
the Company must be notified in writing of any loss or damage at the time the goods are handed to Customer or Customer’s agent or as soon as practically possible. For goods which the Company delivers, the Customer must give the Company detailed notice in writing of any loss and damage within three (3) days of delivery by the Company.
The company may agree to extend this time limit upon receipt of the Customer's written request provided such request is received within three (3) days of delivery. Consent to such a request will not be unreasonably withheld, but consent must be provided in writing by the Company.
3. Company's liability for loss or damage
3.1 Right of refusal
Where necessary, we reserve the right to not complete a moving job. Situations where we would refuse to service you typically include dangerous, unsanitary living conditions or transporting materials outside of the scope of a household move. If we elect to use this option, the organization will not be liable for any direct or consequential damages incurred. If a customer forfeits their deposit and requests a refund, they will be charged at least one hour of labor by the company.
3.2 Damage to items
3.2.1 Right to Repair
The Company reserves the right to repair any damaged item. In case the Customer chooses to repair or replace the damaged item before the Company has been given an opportunity to do so, the Company’s liability will be limited to terms and conditions mentioned in the insurance policy.
3.2.2 WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Understanding the exclusions list will help you prepare better for your move:
- Any items that were packed by Customer or Customer Agent and not by Company.
- Any furniture items when furniture pads are not used for protection; based on Customer refusal for Company to use them.
- Special care items, including glass tops and mirrors or high value items such as digital TV sets, without proper packing and preparation.
- We will not be held responsible for any kind of planters/pots made of clay, porcelain, ceramic or glass.
3.2.3 TRUE LIMIT FOR CLAIMS
If Customer or Customer’s authorized representative collect the goods, the Company must be notified in writing of any loss or damage at the time the goods are handed to Customer or Customer agent or as soon as practically possible. For goods which the Company delivers, Customer must give Company detailed notice in writing of any loss and damage within three (3) days of delivery by Company. The company may agree to extend this time limit upon receipt of the Customer's written request provided such request is received within three (3) days of delivery. Consent to such a request will not be unreasonably withheld.
3.4 Exclusions of liability
3.4.1 Prior, Existing or Post Service Damage
The company is in no way responsible for damage to items that were preexisting or occurred prior to the date of the service completion or after the date of the service completion.
3.4.2 Improperly Self-Packed or Self-Prepared Items
The company is not responsible for self-packed items damaged as a result of improper packing procedures and techniques.
3.4.3 Inclement Weather
Although the company makes appropriate arrangements according to weather forecast the company is not held liable for damages caused by inclement weather.
The company will not move or be liable for any valuables such as documents, medicine, priceless items, jewelry, and currency. The company will not be responsible or liable for any firearms. Please remove any firearms prior to the Customer's move.
3.4.5 Delays in Transit
Other than by reason of Company negligence or breach of contract, Company will not be liable for delays in transit. If through no fault of the Company it is unable to deliver Customer goods, Company will take them to our storage facility. The Agreement will then be fulfilled and any additional service(s), including storage and delivery, will be at Customer expense. Any transit times quoted by Company are estimated and based upon information known to Company at the time. Transit times may vary due to a number of factors outside the Company's control including but not limited to changes in transport or departure dates made by the freight/shipping company, changes in the routes used by the freight/shipping company, and road congestion. We will advise the Customer of any material changes to the transit times as soon as the Company becomes aware. The company will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the Customer as a result of delays in transit time unless directly attributable to Company negligence or breach of contract. Company Right to Hold the Goods (lien) “Lien” is the legal right of the remover to hold goods until the Customer has paid all outstanding charges. The company shall have a right to withhold and ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods if the Customer fails to pay the charges and any other payments due under this or any other Agreement. These include any charges that Company has paid out on the Customer's behalf. While Company holds the goods Customer will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs (including legal costs) reasonably incurred by the Company in recovering Company charges and applying Company right of lien. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply.
3.4.6 Arrival Timings
The company will give you an estimated window of arrival. The company will do everything to make sure that we arrive there within that window, but please remember that the window of arrival time is an estimate. If Company is running early or late, we will call the Customer as soon as possible and let you know.
In any arbitration or litigation, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the losing party reasonable attorney’s fees and other costs and expenses of the arbitration or litigation as an awardee by the Court. The arbitrator will be selected by Company. The parties each waive their right to trial by jury.
5. Route and method
The company has the right to choose the method and route by which to carry out the work and the location in respect of storage. Unless it has been specifically agreed otherwise in writing in the Company Quotation, other space/volume/capacity on Company vehicles and/or the container may be utilized for consignments of other customers.
6. Applicable law
This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Haryana in Gurgaon city, without regard to its conflicts-of-laws principles.